Here for our community since 1923.
24 / 7 / 365
The Vero Beach Volunteer Firefighters
Volunteers were the original firefighters in the City of Vero Beach and today we continue our efforts in conjunction with Indian River County Fire Rescue in the following ways:
- By responding to fire, rescue, and medical emergency calls.
- By educating the public, using the fire safety house and emergency medical skills.
- By providing continuing education in fire and medical training for our volunteers.
- By providing aid to families of sick, injured, or fallen Firefighters.
- We meet the first Monday of each month(except January) at 6 p.m. at Indian River County Emergency Operations Center, 4225 43rd Avenue Vero Beach. Register using the contact page in order to get meeting notifications (be sure to check the box stating that you wish to volunteer).
- Members are voted in after attending three meetings in a row.
- Members have the opportunity to serve as volunteers with Indian River County Fire Rescue based on certification (Fire 1/2, EMT, Paramedic).
- Members serving as Active volunteers will go through an application and screening process dictated by Indian River County.
- Members who are not Active volunteers with the county may still participate in the department in numerous other ways.